This will be an interactive workshop where participants will learn from
each other’s experiences as well as those of the facilitator.
To create these discussions, participants will work in small breakout groups discussing key questions or working on case studies. Review sessions with the whole group will not only summarize key learnings points, but will give participants an opportunity to practice data storytelling and presentation skills. Video’s as well as demonstration of some tools will help illustrate the topics covered.
The workshop will be run in sessions on consecutive days so as to allow some reflection on the learnings made, as well as adapt the workshop to the specific expectations and needs of the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Articulate why Data Visual Analytics is so powerful in business decision making.
- Have a holistic view of Visual Data process and the different tools required to deliver results
- How to forage for data and incorporate different data sources into visual analytics
- Why the brain prefers to analyse data visually and how to do this more effectively
- How to be more effective in gaining insights from data by viewing it from different perspectives using interactive dashboards
- How story telling dramatically increases the likelihood of insights being actioned
- Making collaboration a key element of the problem solving process
- Tools available on the market
Introduction to Data Visual Analytics and why it is more than visualization
What is visual analytics and why it augments human perception
Visual Data Analytics Process cycle
How to define the business problem to be solved
Why it is important & best practice
Explore and Visualise
Visual Exploration: enable the query, exploration and visualization in a single process
Visualisation methods: What to use and how to increase impact
Visual Perspective-Shifting: Why it is important to be able to view the same data stream through different visualisation techniques to find the best insights?
Automatic Visualisation: How not to get stuck in tables and old ways of thinking
Develop Insights, Act and undertake Tasks
Visual Expressiveness: why people need to visualize and contrast multiple dimensions (eg time, sales, profit), to solve complex problems. – explore best practices
Visual Perspective Linking: Problem solving is enhanced when images are intimately linked so a selection on one shows related relevant data in the others
Collaborative Visualisation: How tools that enable collaboration in analytics allow best practices and models to be shared or re-used
Applying Visual Analytics in your environment – 1st steps
All business professionals wanting to increase and improve their use of data in decision making, whether they be experienced data analysts or non-analysts looking to improve their skills.
Support de cours
Le support de cours sera délivré en début du cours et peut également être téléchargé gratuitement via votre portail la veille du début du cours (téléchargez le Guide d'utilisation du portail client ici).
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.