Exploring the social, political and business environment of Luxembourg
1. A history of the Luxembourg economy with a focus on foreigners’ contribution to its development: issues of voice and accountability.
- Presentation of the country’s socioeconomic evolution since its industrialisation, with a focus on foreigners’ contribution to the economy.
- Presentation of the political system and of the private sector’s voice in the system.
2. A sectoral presentation of the Luxembourg economy : where are we heading?
- Brief presentation of the Luxembourg economy’s main sectors with a special focus on the financial sector.
- Luxembourg policy-makers’ efforts to diversify the economy, notably towards the ICT, logistics and the health and biotechnology sectors.
3. The Luxembourg education system and the labour market.
- Presentation of the Luxembourg education system: curriculum content and institutional features.
- Presentation of key features of the labour markets.
4. The national budgetary system and fiscal policy.
- Presentation of the evolution of the state of public finances in the past decade.
- The Luxembourg budgetary process.
- Foreign residents
- Any individual willing to discover Luxembourg’s economy, its mechanisms and the key challenges ahead
8 hours distributed in 4 sessions taught at the pace of one session per week.
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of participation delivered by the House of Training.
Office luxembourgeois de l'accueil et de l'intégration (OLAI)
The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal five days before the start of the course. During registration, you have the possibility to order, against payment, a printed version of the course material which will then be given to you at the beginning of the course.