Banques et Finance
Family Governance in a Family Office
The objective of this training module is to provide an introduction to the professional context in which a Family Officer is meant to operate.
- What is a family?
- Why does the definition of family matter?
- Global definitions
- The family in different jurisdictions
- Family ˈDNAˈ Legacy
- Family values
- Family vision
- What is governance?
- Why are wealthy families so interested in family governance?
- The principles of ˈproactiveˈ governance versus ˈgoodˈ governance
- What is the impact of a ˈcultureˈ on governance?
- Family governance
- Who is in the family?
- How to create family governance
- The changing role of the Family Office
- Family constitution
- The family Rule of Law
- Working with a family council
- Adding Board, Advisory Board and Committees members
- How to organize the family’s assemblies
- The next generation
- Communication: a key to family success
- How to continue with the next generation
- How to train and inspire the next generation
- Learning the DIY approach