ITIL® 3 Foundation & Certification
An intensive three-day course for IT managers, team leaders and other IT professionals needing a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it can be used to improve the quality of IT services. The exam is included.
The course covers the basic principles, terminology, structure and concepts of ITIL® based Service Management. It shows how ITIL® good practice guidelines can be adopted and adapted in order to improve the IT service management framework within an organization, encouraging them to consider services throughout their entire lifecycle
The course provides an insight into current Service Management thinking and prepares delegates for the ITIL® Foundation exam.
- Service Management as a practice
- The Service lifecycle
- Key principles and models in ITIL®
- Key concepts, processes, key roles and key functions
- Associated Technology and Architecture
On the last afternoon, the participants will have the opportunity to take the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination. It is a one-hour, 40 question, multiple choice examination needing 26 (65%) to pass.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited / The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
- Introduction to Service Management and ITIL®
- Why an organisation should adopt Service Management based on ITIL®
- The ITIL® Service Lifecycle concept
- Key definitions, terminology, culture and principles of Service Management.
- The Service Lifecycle
- The objectives, business value, basic concepts, main processes and functions for each phase of the Service Lifecycle covered in the 5 core books:
- 1. Service Strategy
- Service Strategy Process
- Service Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- 2. Service Design
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- 3. Service Transition
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- 4. Service Operation
- Incident Management
- Event Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Functions: Service Desk, Application Management, Operations Management and Technical Management
- 5. Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process
- Technology and Architecture
IT Professionals, IT Support Staff, Application, Project and Business Managers, Any member of an IT team involved in the delivery of IT Services.
Participants should have an experience of IT Service Management.
The course will be held in English but our trainers are also fluent in French.
ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination.
It is a one-hour, 40 questions, multiple choice examination.
Participants need 26 (65%) to pass.
A hard copy of the course material is included in the package. An electronic version can be downloaded from our web portal 5 days before the course starting date.
Chambre de Commerce Luxembourg7, rue Alcide de Gasperi