Banques et Finance
Risk Management - Market Risk - Measuring and Managing it
Market risk is a vast area that focuses on the chance that an investment’s value will change as a result of forces in the marketplace. Managing those forces and the interaction between them is the core of market risk management. The objective of this course is to provide participants with a good understanding of market risk and how to manage it.
- Define market risk and explain its evolution
- Describe and understand the basis components of market risk
- Understand the interaction between market risk and other risks
- Evaluate the market risk of derivatives and portfolios
- Understand and apply risk factors, valuation models and normal distribution calculations
- Explain the use of value at risk (VaR) in measuring and managing market risk
- Understand other methods and tools for managing market risk
The knowledge acquired from this course can be validated by means of a written examination. The examination consists of true/false and multiple-choice questions. To pass the exam, a candidate must achieve a score of at least 50% of the total points on the exam.
This module is part of the Risk Management Certification. To obtain their certificate, candidates must complete 13 days of training in Risk Management and pass the exam for each course.
More details here: Professional Risk Management Certification
This training course has been designed for anyone who already has good knowledge of risk management and who wishes to acquire a solid understanding of market risk.