This two day interactive course is the first level of a 7-day programme split into 4 levels, dedicated to the community of professional traders of financial instruments.
Technical analysis is a study of human nature more than a mechanistic process. While we go through the fundamental ideas of technical analysis and the basics of candlesticks, you will also be introduced to some of the tools to develop your knowledge and abilities on charting. The trading world recognises this in the popular sayings, ‘Let the trend be your friend'. In this session, you will learn about trend lines, sloping lines with similarly powerful applications. By the time you finish this module, you will start to see the power of technical analysis, and will be looking at charts in a new light.
You will learn:
- support and resistance, which are simple concepts with far-reaching outcomes;
- retracement expectations, and where we expect the price to halt its slide.
It is recommended but not mandatory to have completed The Fundamentals of Stock Trading prior to attending this level 1 course.
Once you have completed this first level, it is recommended to complete the programme by attending the next levels:
- Learn the basic shapes of candlesticks and their interpretations of support & resistance levels
- Chart analysis on multiple time frames and the usefulness of the information they provide for analysing retracement levels
- Actual shape of the price curves on the chart, and how this can tell us more about future price behavior
- Learn different types of financial instruments and the ways to trade them
- Types of orders - market orders, limit orders and stop losses
- Price & Volume - Adjusting trade positions with the change in volume in active trade
- Six Basic Tenets of Dow theory
- Shapes of candlesticks
- Support resistance & trendlines
- Retracement Vs reversal
- Breakouts & Fakeouts
- Selection of financial instruments
- Importance of Volume
- Trading strategies – Day trading, position trading, swing trading, scalping
- Chart patterns
- Multiple time frame analysis
- Trend highs & lows
- Trade discipline
- Limiting technical indicators
- Interactive exercise
This course is intended for those with considerable trading experience.
Here are some of the profiles who would be potentially interested in the training course:
- Investment analyst
- Investment Operations administrator
- Investment banker
- Investment fund administrator
- Financial analyst
- Investment manager
- Financial analyst
- Investment associate
- Investment banking analyst
- Brokerage Operations associate
- Trading advisor
- Investment advisor (in banks)
- Equity dealer
- Sales advisor - brokerage
- Associate - Corporate finance
- Prime brokerage consultant
- Financial controller
- Auditor - Investments
- Operations associate - Investment company
- Fund management experts/analysts
- Stock market technician
Please note that for environmental reasons no paper version of the training material will be provided for your training. The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal before the start of the course (download the Client Portal User’s Guide here). You will be able to view it on the screen of your mobile device or print it if necessary. If your registration has been made by a training manager of your company please contact him/her so that he/she can give you access to it or send it to you.
Upon completion of levels 1, 2 and 3, you are invited to complete the level 4 assessment.