This two day interactive course is the second level of a 7-day programme split into 4 levels, dedicated to the community of professional traders of financial instruments. You will learn to navigate and use technical analysis tools on a demo platform where you can get started immediately without any financial risks.
In this module we discuss just what makes up technical analysis and what its capabilities are, together with an outline of how it works, and why it is essential to successfully trade in a multitude of markets.
It is strongly recommended to have completed Stock Trading for Traders (level 1: basics) prior to attending this level 2 course.
Once you have completed this level 2 course, it is recommended to complete the programme by attending the next levels:
- Understand the 'Market action' - significance of Price & Volume generating an 'Open interest' in the market
- Identify the levels of support & resistance impacting the price movements
- Learn different types of charts and the information associated with the candlesticks
- Familiarise yourself with trendlines to know the direction of the market
- Accurately measure both your risk and the expected profit target before entering the trade
- Key understanding on timing your entries and exits by analysing the structure of the markets
- Sentiment indicators
- Building a trading plan
- Impact of indices on stocks
- Channel trading
- Moving averages
- Contracts for difference
- Golden rules for traders
- Risk management in Trading
- Entry and Exit strategies
- Convergence & Divergence
- Risk Vs Reward
- Interactive exercise
This course is intended for those with considerable trading experience.
Here are some of the profiles who would be potentially interested in the training course:
- Investment analyst
- Investment Operations administrator
- Investment banker
- Investment fund administrator
- Financial analyst
- Investment manager
- Financial analyst
- Investment associate
- Investment banking analyst
- Brokerage Operations associate
- Trading advisor
- Investment advisor (in banks)
- Equity dealer
- Sales advisor - brokerage
- Associate - Corporate finance
- Prime brokerage consultant
- Financial controller
- Auditor - Investments
- Operations associate - Investment company
- Fund management experts/analysts
- Stock market technician
Please note that for environmental reasons no paper version of the training material will be provided for your training. The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal before the start of the course (download the Client Portal User’s Guide here). You will be able to view it on the screen of your mobile device or print it if necessary. If your registration has been made by a training manager of your company please contact him/her so that he/she can give you access to it or send it to you.
Upon completion of levels 1, 2 and 3, you are invited to complete the level 4 assessment.