Banques et Finance
Terrorist Financing: Detecting and Fighting New Threats
Grahame White is the former Head of European Operations for ACAMS (Association of Cerified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) and previously a Detective at the National Terrorist Financial Investigations Unit at New Scotland Yard with substantial counter terrorist financing experience.
For this conference, the House of Training has secured the collaboration of Grahame White, a highly experienced investigator and currently the director of Analysis International, a bespoke financial intelligence and analytics training company in order to organize a practically oriented seminar on the subject of terrorist detection.
In the course of the seminar the delegates will learn :
- how to identify terrorist cell indicators
- how to recognise the methods and motivation to carry out attacks on the European Communities
- in which ways the Financial sector plays a crucial role in gathering and reporting on intelligence in illicit finance
- Identifying Financial Intelligence Opportunities
- The delegates will review a case study on gathering financial intelligence, and identifying financial intelligence opportunities from within their systems and data
- Typologies and Indicators
- In this case study the students will recognise the intelligence opportunities from the collection of ID&V data at the account opening stage and the examination of transactions that indicates terrorist activity.
- Abuse of Charities / Radicalisation
- These are a linked series of case studies from terrorist finance investigations in which the delegates will focus on the abuse of charities and the intelligence that can be obtained from overseas money flows
- The lessons will then progress into examples of how the radicalisation of domestic jihadis can be identified from indicators in their bank accounts. Here the focus is on the Paris attacks in January 2015 and the London bombings of 2005
- The Mindset of a Terrorist Financier
- The delegates will observe and report on a video of a terrorist cell planning fraud against banks and other financial services providers recognizing their ability to infiltrate and abuse the mainstream banking system. At the conclusion of the video the delegates will then be tested on their intelligence gathering skills by answering a series of questions from the programme.
What participants say about this training
"Excellent and very practical" / "Awesome training!" / "Brilliant workshop, really enjoyed it!" / "So much interesting, amazing! Thanks." / "The most interesting course I've ever had so far." / "This course is the evidence that with a practical exercice, you keep people interested until the end of the day!"