Participants will improve both their fluency and accuracy when speaking the English language. They will develop a wide range of expressions and techniques when speaking professionally in virtual and face to face meetings, on the phone, when presenting information, giving updates and in making small talk. They will enhance their wider professional skills by using the appropriate level of formality, clarity and cultural awareness when speaking in English.
Particular focus is given to speaking powerfully across the virtual platforms that have become central to how we work.
In the framework of the English language development and upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Deploy a wide range of expressions across a broad range of professional contexts both virtually and face to face
- Understand the different conventions in starting and finishing spoken communications
- Utilise different language structures in giving updates on progress
- Use the language of persuasion to powerfully describe a product, project or service in a professional capacity
- Understand a wide range of common phrasal verbs, acronyms and business idioms typically used in professional communications
- Deploy terms and expressions used to ‘soften’ a difficult message to internal or external contacts.
The course is based on a set of interactive case studies designed around realistic scenarios at work which develop the English language and wider professional skills of participants.
- Make small talk with more spontaneity and ease with professional contacts
- Provide updates on progress with greater nuance and precision
- Speak on the telephone with more comfort and professionalism
- Contribute to both virtual and face to face meetings with more confidence
- Communicate with greater awareness of audience, formality and cultural context
- Pitch a product or service with more fluency
- Effectively communicate difficult messages with greater tact and sensitivity.
This is an inclusive course designed for professionals across both the private and government sectors looking to improve their professional communications.
B1 or above in the CEFR levels.
The course is designed for professionals who are looking to improve their vocabulary and techniques in speaking professionally in English. To access the course effectively it is helpful but not essential if you have professional experience of speaking in English.
Please note that for environmental reasons no paper version of the training material will be provided for your training. The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal before the start of the course (download the Client Portal User’s Guide here). You will be able to view it on the screen of your mobile device or print it if necessary. If your registration has been made by a training manager of your company please contact him/her so that he/she can give you access to it or send it to you.
At the end of the training, the participants will receive a certificate of attendance delivered by the House of Training.