AIFMD - Understanding Fundamentals
The objective of this module is to provide the participant with a solid understanding of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive.
The subject will be handled in a pragmatic format, using examples wherever possible and permitting questions and promoting discussion.
- The directive, its political environment, objectives and impact
- The regulatory process
- The scope of the directive
- Passports, marketing and management
- Conduct of business (incl. governance, internal control, rules of conduct, remuneration, conflicts of interest)
- Functions and service providers (incl. portfolio management, risk / liquidity management, delegation and sub-delegation, valuation, depositary)
- Transparency (disclosure to investors, annual reports, reporting to competent authorities)
- Specific provisions
- The impact to investors, product ranges and organizational models