Hedge fund service providers
Fund accountants and back office agents
Operations & client service staff and managers
Hedge fund custody professionals
Other fund industry professionals (e.g. in management companies) interested in gaining a deeper knowledge in the specifics of hedge funds, accounting and custody
The training programme, taught in English, is unique in Luxembourg and the fruit of a close partnership between the House of Training, the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry, ALFI and some of the industry’s most knowledgeable experts.
The “Hedge Funds Fundamentals” module provides a strong theoretical basis and common language for understanding hedge funds. Two sister advanced modules for both hedge funds and funds of hedge funds go beyond this to provide an applied understanding of operational specifics, accounting and essential IFRS aspects.
These courses can be complemented through other modules from the rich House of Training/ ALFI investment fund training offer such as “Understanding AIFMD”, UCIs Key Insights into IFRS, other courses selected from the full investment fund offer at the House of Training and those that explain in more detail the underlying financial instruments.
1. TRAINING IN HEDGE FUNDS FUNDAMENTALS, ACCOUNTING & CUSTODY 2018 FONDS D’INVESTISSEMENT
2. Together with ALFI, the House of Training offers a series of training modules in Hedge Funds targeting professionals directly involved in the day to day work: • Hedge fund service providers • Fund accountants and back office agents • Operations & client service staff and managers • Hedge fund custody professionals • Other fund industry professionals (e.g. in management companies) interested in gaining a deeper knowledge in the specifics of hedge funds, accounting and custody. TRAINING IN HEDGE FUNDS TRAINERS A team of expert trainers in the field of hedge funds are responsible for the delivery of the material covered by these modules. Trainers for all modules have been proposed by ALFI to teach on behalf of House of Training. The trainers have been selected on the basis of their recognized expertise and strong practical industry experience considered essential in order to facilitate interactive responses within the sessions. HOUSE OF TRAINING Formally established in 2015, the House of Training brings together, under a single roof, the training institutes of both the Chamber of Commerce and the Luxembourg Bankers’ Association (ABBL), who are renowned for their expertise and their vast offerings in the field of continued vocational training in Luxembourg. www.houseoftraining.lu ALFI The Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) is a non- profit making association that is the representative body of the Luxembourg investment fund community. Created in 1988, ALFI is a member of European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) and International Investment Fund Association (IIFA) and has as its mission to “lead industry efforts to make Luxembourg the most attractive international centre for investment funds”. ALFI has as its objective to help its members capitalise on industry trends, shape regulation, encourage professionalism, integrity and quality and to promote the Luxembourg investment fund industry. www.alfi.lu TRAINING PROGRAMME These training modules, taught in English language are unique in Luxembourg and are the fruit of a close partnership between the House of Training, the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry, ALFI and some of the industry’s most knowledgeable experts. In this series. the “Hedge Funds Fundamentals” module provides a fundamental theoretical basis and common language for understanding hedge funds. Two sister advanced modules for both hedge funds and funds of hedge funds then go beyond this to provide an applied understanding of operational specifics, accounting and essential IFRS aspects. These courses can be complemented through other modules from the rich House of Training/ ALFI investment fund training offer such as “Understanding AIFMD”, M1 UCIs Key Insights into IFRS, other modules selected from the full investment fund offer at the House of Training and those that explain in more detail the underlying financial instruments.
4. More information More information about the course content and objectives, the target audience, the exact schedule, etc. can be found on our website www.houseoftraining.lu Registrations Registrations for the training modules and/or exams are to be made online via our website. They have to be made at least 5 days before the beginning of the training course/exam. Registration fees The fees indicated in this flyer represent the basic fees. These can vary, depending on several options chosen by the participant (training material, exam fees, etc.). All prices are indicated without VAT (3%). Exams Exam sessions take place every Tuesday and every last Thursday of each month, except on school holidays. Training location Unless otherwise indicated in the registration confirmation, all courses take place at the: Training Centre in the Chamber of Commerce 7, rue Alcide de Gasperi L-1615 Luxembourg Contact House of Training - Customer Service firstname.lastname@example.org BP 490 L- 2014 Luxembourg Tel.: +352 46 50 16 – 1 www.houseoftraining.lu Terms and conditions as stated on our website www.houseoftraining.lu are applicable. COURSE DURATION PRICE Hedge Funds - Fundamentals 8 hours 195 € Hedge Funds - Understanding the Specifics of Accounting and Custody 8 hours 385 € Funds of Hedge Funds - Understanding the Specifics of Accounting and Custody 8 hours 255 € Practical information
3. HEDGE FUNDS - FUNDAMENTALS (8 HOURS) Definitions and basic concepts • History and definitions : origin, concept, structure & legal framework • An asset class in its own right • Impact of hedge funds on the financial markets • Advantages and disadvantages Main hedge fund strategies • C onvertible arbitrage, merger arbitrage, event driven, distressed securities, equity market neutral, equity long short, fixed income arbitrage, global macro, managed futures Risk and performance measures for hedge funds Basic concepts: risk, return, volatility and Net Asset Value Risk: 5 technical risk ratios and their shortcomings Value at risk Benchmarking hedge funds Case studies HEDGE FUNDS - UNDERSTANDING THE SPECIFICS OF ACCOUNTING AND CUSTODY (8 HOURS) Trade processing • Custodians • Prime brokers • Records & reconciliation Portfolio Accounting • Leverage • Derivatives • Collateral • Financial reporting Investor Accounting • Performance fees & equalization • Gates & side pockets FUNDS OF HEDGE FUNDS - UNDERSTANDING THE SPECIFICS OF ACCOUNTING AND CUSTODY (8 HOURS) Introduction to Hedge Funds and Funds of Hegde Funds (FoHF) • H istory and investment management concept • M ajor strategies and why FoHF? • P erformance fee equalisation principles • D istribution and regulation Trade Management and Custody • Fund of Fund portfolio trading: global overview • Subscriptions/redemptions/switches: the liquidity issue • Settlement & cash monitoring • Corporate actions • Depositary liability under AIFMD Accounting and Reporting • Valuation of a FoHF portfolio • Performance fees and equalization • Accounting of subscriptions /redemptions/ switches • Side pockets and gates • Reporting Risk Management and Compliance • O perational risk • Portfolio risk Regulation • AIFMD, UCITS IV & V Valuation issues • Valuation under AIFMD • Fair value Investor Accounting • Performance fees & equalization • Gates & side pockets • Governance
- 1207 Total des vues
- 973 Vues du Site web
- 234 Vues incluses
- Partages sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 8 houseoftraining.lu
- 1 ifbl.lu
- 4 www.house-of-training.lu
- 3 www.houseoftraining.lu
- 1 www.ifbl.lu
Guide du Portail client23480 Vues.
Catalogue de formations 201821595 Vues.
Catalogue 201711700 Vues.
MiFID II Certification7250 Vues.
Compliance Master Class-demande d'accès6586 Vues.
Guide d'utilisation du portail client6007 Vues.
Investment Funds5719 Vues.
House of Training - L'Equipe5267 Vues.
Nico Binsfeld CEO de la House of Training5207 Vues.
ALFI-OPC_demande certificat_20164863 Vues.
Hermes 5-1 : Manuel de référence4842 Vues.
PSF 2016 - Panorama and Perspectives4173 Vues.
Kundenportal - Benutzerleitfaden4169 Vues.