Certified private banker (certified path)
Private Banking is one of the pillars of the Luxembourg financial centre and the ever growing complexity of this business requires that a private banker possesses a solid knowledge of the financial instruments and their use as investment vehicles.
In order to provide this background the House of Training has developed a 6-day foundation course focusing on the following aspects:
- the use of financial instruments in investment portfolios
- the taking of investment decisions based on the aspects of risk and return
- the understanding of the concept of market efficiency in portfolio management
- the integration of efficient financial vehicles in investment solutions
Structure and contents
The 6-day foundation course covers the following topics:
- E-Learning course "International Financial Markets" (+/- 20 hours)
- Risk measurement & management
- Foreign exchange and Money Markets
- Bonds and Equities
- Options and Futures
- Structured Products
- Portfolio management
- Investment funds and alternative investments
Audience and objectives
The training programme is designed for junior private bankers, Family Offices’ staff or persons having worked for a few years in a banking environment and wishing to reorientate their career in private banking.
The course includes a written examination, based on all covered topics.
All the training courses are held in English. The documentation is in English as well.
The courses take place at the Training Center of LSC/IFBL, in the premisses of the Chamber of Commerce in Luxembourg.
7, rue Alcide de Gasperi
Registrations and payment for this training are made online. Please click on the green button “Inscription”.
Chambre de Commerce Luxembourg7, rue Alcide de Gasperi