Certified private banker (certified path)
Private Banking is one of the pillars of the Luxembourg financial centre and the ever growing complexity of this business requires that a private banker possesses a solid knowledge of the financial instruments and their use as investment vehicles.
In order to provide this background the House of Training has developed a 6-day foundation course focusing on the following aspects:
- the use of financial instruments in investment portfolios
- the taking of investment decisions based on the aspects of risk and return
- the understanding of the concept of market efficiency in portfolio management
- the integration of efficient financial vehicles in investment solutions
Structure and contents
The 6-day foundation course covers the following topics:
- E-Learning course "International Financial Markets" (+/- 20 hours)
- Risk measurement & management
- Foreign exchange and Money Markets
- Bonds and Equities
- Options and Futures
- Structured Products
- Portfolio management
- Investment funds and alternative investments
Audience and objectives
The training programme is designed for junior private bankers, Family Offices’ staff or persons having worked for a few years in a banking environment and wishing to reorientate their career in private banking.
The course includes a written examination, based on all covered topics.
Chambre de Commerce Luxembourg7, rue Alcide de Gasperi