Effective Risk Management today is a necessity not only for funds, but also for various players across the fund industry. ALRiM, the Luxembourg Association of Risk Management Professionals, and the House of Training have therefore developed a training programme in Risk Management for funds which provides a professional qualification for professionals and managers from other areas of financial services who want to acquire a solid understanding of risk management.
The programme offers 8 targeted courses.
The knowledge and professional competencies of programme participants are evaluated through written examinations on the material covered in each course.
To obtain the certification Professional Qualification in Risk Management (Investment Funds), candidates must complete 12 days of training in risk management and pass the exam for each course.
- Risk Management - Fundamentals (1 day)
- Risk Management Framework for Funds (1 day)
- Credit & Counterparty Risk for Funds (1 day)
- Market Risk for Funds (2 days)
- Liquidity Risk for Funds (2 days)
- Operational Risk for Funds (2 days)
- Risk Management - Governance and Organisation of Risk Management for Funds (1 day)
- Workshop on Risk Management for Funds (2 days)
Registration to each training has to be done separately, by clicking on the above links. They will redirect you to the training page, where you will find related information, as well as the registration button to the training and to the exam.
Training courses are designed to meet the needs of 3 different audiences:
- anyone wishing to acquire fundamental knowledge in Risk Management for funds
- people having already a good knowledge of the fundamentals of Risk Management and wishing to acquire a solid practical understanding of Market Risk/Operational Risk/Credit Risk/Liquidity Risk for funds
- people having a thorough knowledge of Risk Management
Please note that for environmental reasons no paper version of the training material will be provided for your training. The course material can be downloaded free of charge via your portal before the start of the course (download the Client Portal User’s Guide here). You will be able to view it on the screen of your mobile device or print it if necessary. If your registration has been made by a training manager of your company please contact him/her so that he/she can give you access to it or send it to you.